Exploring the Impacts of the NEW NACHA Operating Rules in 2020 and the Future!
Duration: 90 Minutes
Faculty: Donna Olheiser Level: Advance Course ID: 0007
Each participant in the ACH Network is required to be in compliance with the NACHA Operating Rules. This session will provide the details on the recently approved amendments on enhancing Same Day ACH (SDA) by expanding Same Day ACH and raising the dollar limit on SDA transactions (effective in 2019 thru 2021).
Details on how an RDFI can return a questionable item and more explicit options for Returns on Unauthorized Entries will be covered. Changes that will affect the Annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit and Appendix 8; including other related topics on ACH Quality and Risk Management such as supplementing Data Security requirements and Fraud Detection standards for WEB debits.
The NACHA Operating Rules need to be followed by all financial institutions who process ACH transactions. This webinar will provide all the details necessary to help them stay in compliance with all the changes recently implemented in 2019, plus NEW amendments going into effect for 2020 and 2021!
Topics such as the addition of a new window for Same Day ACH (SDA) allowing two more hours for the SDA functionality. Included will be the details on improving Funds availability for Same Day and non-Same Day ACH transactions. Details on increasing the per-transaction limit for each SDA Entry will also be discussed.
In addition, details on additional options when doing ACH Returns for questionable items that don’t post and for unauthorized Entries. Plus, a review of how the Annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit has changed, adding greater flexibility and the removal of Appendix 8.
Register today for your chance to see how these new Rules will impact your ACH Operations areas.
Why should you Attend:
To remain in compliance with the Rules, participants in the ACH network need to ensure they are up-to-date on recent changes and newly approved amendments to the Rules.
This session will cover all the newly approved details and any recent updates by NACHA, plus how these changes affect you as a participant in the ACH network, whether you are an ODFI, an RDFI or a TPS or TPSP. There are several pertinent changes to the NACHA Operating Rules, including a change to completing your annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit which went into effect Jan 1, 2019.
This is a must-attend session, Register Today!
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Define amendments to the Rules on Expanding Same Day ACH and how these changes will affect you as a financial institution, including the recent extension on expanding SDA timeframe
- Provide specifics on the changes to the annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit and the removal of Appendix 8
- Describe the potential impact on participants in the ACH network with approved changes to other ACH Risk Management topics such as:
- Supplementing the fraud detection standard for Internet-initiated (WEB) debits
- Allowing RDFIs to indicate within a return that the original transaction was questionable or part of anomalous activity
- Supplementing the existing account information security requirements for large Originators and Third-Parties
- Details on the most recent change to specifying the details of an unauthorized return by adding R11 to further define the “why”
Will include details on the 2019 operations bulletins as issued by NACHA
Who Will Benefit:
- ACH Operations Staff, Compliance Staff, ACH Auditors
- Financial Institution Professionals (New/Current Operations Staff)
- Banking Operations Managers and staff
- Compliance and Risk Professionals
- Treasury Management Personnel
- Aspiring and current AAP’s (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Company / Business Owners (Originators)
- Banking Managers/ Supervisors
- Third-Party Service Providers and Third-Party Senders
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Donna founded Dynamic Mastership, LLC in December 2014 in an effort to utilize her 24+ years’ experience in the financial services industry, by sharing her passion for training financial institutions and organizations on the Rules and processes for electronic payments (with her specialty being ACH payments). She holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).
Donna’s experience before founding Dynamic Mastership, includes 9 years’ serving as the Education Service Director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire Education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Donna spent 14 years with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in various departments, where she started her training career as the Training and Development Specialist in 2003.
Donna is a certified Master Trainer who continually uses her extensive knowledge, experience, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing details, while using the adult learning theory is remarkable! Her training style has helped many payment professionals remain consistently informed of the NEW and ever-changing NACHA Operating Rules and explaining how the Rules apply when performing daily operational tasks including complex return and exception processing. She incorporates scenarios and examples in her detailed training, so the Rules are easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Donna’s ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they’ve learned during and after each training session.